We tie all of our cormorant flies with the tips of rabbit fur and here's why:
- It provides a consistent length time after time.
- It is more durable therefore tends not to pull out.
- It has loads more movement in the water.
- It does not look "bulky" like some cormorants tied with Marabou.
- We think it fishes better!
The Sunburst Bunny version is a fantastic pattern when used in conjunction with other flies such as a FAB or Booby. When this pattern is fished near the surface it's Opal Mirage rib over the metallic Peacock Herl body catches the sunlight and as a result flashes a spectrum of colours which fish are attracted to. This makes a fantastic mini-lure when fishing for Brown Trout.
Hook- Heavy Wet Size 10
Thread Colour- Black.
Overall length- Approx 20mm
Rib- Medium Mirage Tinsel
Cheeks- Sunburst Goose Biots
Body- Peacock Herl
Wing- Dyed Black Rabbit
International Comp legal- Yes.